Thursday, June 17, 2010

Reflections

After 3 months of learning for this subejct: Issues in Publication and Design, I found it very interesting and actually learned a lot of things from it. Throughout the course, I learned about document design, which is about the correct and appropriate ways to design different documents, and I like this section very much. I have also learned about how images or visuals works with text. As according to Dwyer and Moore (1994, p. 164), visuals and verbal text are interdependent on each other and by knowing how they appear, and how vital it is to learn how to achieve a desired balance between the nymber of texts with the amount of visuals in order to be called a good publication design. An efficicient publication design is important but somehow, it is always overlooked. A document with a lousy document design is useless no matter how well written the content may be.

This subject is a very informative and valuable one as it taught me how to publish an effective and informative document, as well as producing different types of documents myself. I never know publication can be such an interesting topic, and I am very lucky to be given the chance to learn it. My lecturer is always so patient and knowledgeable in her field, it is imporrible not to gain much knowledge from this subject.

Issues in publication and design taught me many things and gave me a head start experience in the media field, and it is something I will definitely use in the near future.


Reference:

Dwyer, F & Moore, D 1994, Section IV: Visual Design, Visual Literacy: A spectrum of visual learning, Educational Technology, New Jersey, pp. 164.

0 comments: